One of the best ways you can prevent child abuse — and to get help for those who’ve survived it — is to spread the word, educate the public and bring issues related to child sexual trauma to the forefront. The Firecracker Foundation is ready and available to assist the media in any way we can. Please contact us for inquiries about the Foundation itself, or topics related to child sexual trauma.
Tashmica ‘Firecracker’ Torok
Founder & Executive Director
1146 S. Washington Ave.
Lansing, MI 48910
Four years ago, Tashmica Torok founded the Firecracker Foundation from her home in South Lansing. In early June, she moved the organization into a 2,000-square foot space in Holt. “Originally, my goal was to help six kids,” says Torok. “I had no idea this is what it would become.”
The Firecracker Foundation & St. Vincent Catholic Charities presents The Caretaker Support Group – Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce
Monday, September 14, 2015 ( 0 Comments) The Firecracker Foundation & St. Vincent Catholic Charities presents The Caretaker Support Group LANSING, MI – September 14, 2015 – The Firecracker Foundation and St. Vincent Catholic Charities is proud to announce the new Caretaker Support Group for the parents and guardians of children who have survived sexual trauma.
I don’t know where my father’s urn is. At the age of 20, I moved and left his box in the top of my closet. It wasn’t an accident. I made a conscious decision to not carry that man any further into my future.
Expert: MSU football sex assault cases tied to ‘broad societal issue’. Lansing State Journal, Jun. 7, 2017
National Child Abuse Awareness month about bringing light to the issue by Haley Herzog. WLNS.com, Apr. 4, 2016
Torok: Educate kids, ask questions to prevent sexual abuse. Lansing State Journal, Mar. 5, 2017
Torok: The Listening Ear harmed healing hearts. Lansing State Journal, Jun. 12, 2016
Pop-Up Story: ‘Dancing on Graves’ by April Van Buren, WKAR.org, Feb. 22, 2016
- S2: E6 – Tashmica Torok, The Firecracker Foundation. 2ndbraincollection.com, May 2016
- The People Issue. lansingcitypulse.com, Jan. 2016
- Neighbors in Action: The Firecracker Foundation. WKAR.org, Jul. 2015
- Spark of Light. Capital Area Women’s Lifestyle Magazine, Mar. 4, 2015
- Lansing Woman Honored by USA Network. Lansing State Journal, Nov. 12, 2014
- Soulfire 2015: Firecracker Foundation’s Calendar Release Fundraiser. Lansing State Journal, Nov. 12, 2014
- Back from the dark: Survivor shares struggles, lessons learned. Lansing State Journal, Aug. 4, 2013
- Listen to this soundbite from Michael Patrick Shiels in the Morning interview with The Firecracker Foundation‘s Tashmica Firecracker Torok and Crossroads Church‘s Noah Filipiak.
- Tashmica Torok, Survivor Interview. Every Two Minutes, June 2014
Lansing Fashionista Helps Trauma Survivors Tell Their Stories, WKAR.org, April 2016