The Firecracker Foundation is a 501(c)3 charity with the mission of honoring the bravery of children who have survived sexual trauma with a community invested in the healing of their whole being.
Description of Responsibilities: As the Bookkeeper/Office Manager you’ll be an indispensable part of daily operations including handling daily bookkeeping, grant and fundraising administration. You’ll quickly become a central source of financial information and your efforts, attention to detail and positive energy will support The Firecracker Foundation’s mission. By assisting the Executive Director with grant proposals and administration, you’ll learn the ins-and-outs of this vital part of a non-profit organization. Reports to the Executive Director. Click here for a PDF version of this job posting.
Time Commitment: 15 hours/week.
Compensation: Non-exempt part-time, $15 per hr.
Primary Job Duties Include:
- Enter deposits, pay and mail bills, track receipts, maintain financial records and manage accounts receivable
- Reconcile all bank accounts and month end accounting, troubleshoot financial data entry including daily retail sales and tuition questions
- Support the Treasurer in the preparation of financial statements for the foundation’s accountant to support the preparation of tax returns, quarterly taxes, annual licensing, permits and other governance documents.
- Prepare monthly financials for Board of Directors and Finance Committee, including profit and loss statement and balance sheet
- Prepares bank deposits at minimum one time per week
General Office Management:
- Provides general administrative support to the Executive Director
- Grant administration and invoicing – track grant status and create invoices and financial reports
- Develop and maintain all filing systems to ensure security and appropriate access
- Track and procure office supplies and equipment
- Purchases office supplies
- Provides post office needs including purchasing of stamps and mailings
- Provides support for agency meetings and events. May include securing a venue, distribution of meeting materials, purchasing food, managing the guest/RSVP list, etc.
- Assists in the coordination and completion of the foundation’s annual appeal
The ideal candidate is a multi-skilled self-starter, independent worker and problem solver who is energized by the unique opportunity to grow with the position, furthering their learning, expanding their skill set and building community in the work place.
- 2- 5 years experience with small business accounting; non-profit bookkeeping experience highly preferred
- Extensive QuickBooks Pro & PayPal experience
- Proven proficiency in Word, QuickBooks, Excel and database management
- Experience with Salesforce a plus, not required
- Proven initiative and accountability
- Able to multi-task and maintain status on related projects
- Flexible, compatible and able to work with interruptions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Efficient, tactful, pleasant, firm and patient
- Adaptability and desire to increase knowledge and skills
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate in the subject line that you are applying for the Bookkeeper/Office Manager position. Please visit www.thefirecrackerfoundation.org for more information. DHS Clearance, background checks and participation in the foundation’s basic volunteer training required.
The Foundation shall employ/engage persons and make employment/recruitment decisions without regard to an individual’s race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, orientation, age, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, AIDS/HIV, height, weight, misdemeanor arrest record, individuals with disabilities, or disabled/recently separated/other protected and armed forces service medal veterans.