Resources for Sexual Trauma Support
Small Talk Children’s Assessment Center: (517)483-6263
Small Talk Ingham County Children’s Assessment Center (CAC) is the location in which children who are victims or witnesses to crime are interviewed.
The services provided by Small Talk include:
- Forensic interview to obtain a statement from a child, in a developmentally-sensitive, unbiased, and truth-seeking manner, that will support accurate and fair decision-making in the criminal justice and child welfare systems.
- A multi-disciplinary team approach comprised of law enforcement, children’s protective services, prosecuting attorney, counselors and medical experts.
- Children receive support and counseling at no charge to the family throughout the criminal justice process.
End Violent Encounter’s Inc. (EVE): (517) 372-5572
EVE’s mission is to provide shelter and supportive services to victims of domestic violence while seeking to end domestic violence through public awareness and community education.
• Programs are client centered and free. They are designed to empower survivors by assisting with housing, legal issues, parenting, job skills, health and safety issues.
• EVE’s services are dependent upon the help of volunteers, donations and the support of area businesses and organizations.
• 24 hour crisis line
Community Mental Health Crisis Services: Toll Free (800) 372-84600
All information shared will remain private and confidential unless you are in immediate danger of seriously injuring yourself or others.
• Provides 24 hour, seven day per week, triage for persons experiencing a psychiatric emergency. Walk in or call. 812 E. Jolly Road, Lansing, MI 48910
• Provides evaluation and screening for inpatient psychiatric hospital admission for persons with Medicaid or those who are uninsured.
Women’s Center of Greater Lansing: (517) 372-9163
The Women’s Center of Greater Lansing (WCGL) is a private non-profit organization that provides services to women in the Lansing area. The mission of the Center is to help women realize their potential. The Women’s Center has served over 2,300 women, girls and men over the past five years. We have served as a training site for over 40 graduate students, over 60 undergraduate students and 200 volunteers.
• WCGL offers counseling and support groups to sexual assault survivors.
St. Vincent Catholic Charities: (517) 323-4734
Counseling Services: Offers affordable individual, couple, family and child counseling provided by master level therapists who carry State of Michigan certifications. Issues are addressed in a safe and supportive environment include but are not limited to: depression, anxiety, grief, self-esteem, trauma, couples and parent-child relationship issues, childhood problems, substance abuse and recovery, addictions, anger management and communication skills.
The expertise of the STVCC Counseling Center is available to the public without referral and services are offered on a sliding scale fee basis to those with limited income. Most major insurances are accepted.
If you have experienced domestic violence and need to talk to someone, please contact the CARE Office by phone 517-272-7436 or email email@example.com.
Michigan State University Sexual Assault Trauma: 24 Hour Crisis Line (517) 355-3551
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 24 hour Emergency Service 1(800)273-TALK (8255)
MSU Sexual Assault Program: 24 hour crisis line: (517) 372-6666
RAINN (Rape, Abuse, Incest National Network): 24 hour crisis line (800)656-HOPE (4673)
or use the online hotline at https://ohl.rainn.org/online/