Contractual: $60-$75 per session
The Firecracker Foundation
The Firecracker Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization with the mission of honoring the bravery of children who have survived sexual trauma by building a community invested in the healing of their whole being.
Provide trauma sensitive yoga sessions to children, adolescents and their non-offending family members who have been direct victims of sexual trauma. This will be a contracted position and all services will be paid for by The Firecracker Foundation. Services will be provided in the yoga instructor’s existing practice location, offsite with foundation partners or in the foundation’s yoga space.
- Facilitate private and group trauma sensitive yoga sessions for survivors of sexual trauma ages 3 – 18
- Administer and interpret trauma assessment instruments for child and adolescent victims/survivors
- Develop session plans for survivors which may include:
- Weekly private trauma sensitive yoga sessions
- Trauma sensitive yoga groups for children, adolescents and families
- Participate in clinical supervision meetings with mental health professionals (as needed)
- Participate in monthly and/or quarterly team meetings with Firecracker staff and contracted service providers.
- Ability to assess and make appropriate referrals for children/families based on their psychological and psychosocial needs prior to termination of yoga sessions
- Maintain records of attendance, session plans and case notes for all private clients and group session participants.
- Submit monthly reports/billing information to The Firecracker Foundation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of the techniques and principles of trauma sensitive yoga for young children, adolescents and adults (parent/caretaker).
- Considerable knowledge of community resources throughout the tri-county area
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with The Firecracker Foundation staff
- Ability to ask questions and communicate with The Firecracker Foundation when needed
- A minimum of 200 hours of yoga teacher training by a reputable source such as those recognized by the Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) program.
- Trauma Sensitive Yoga Certification
- If not certified in trauma sensitive yoga, additional 40 hours of trauma treatment training.
- Training must have been obtained in the past 10 years.
- Must maintain and provide proof of small business liability coverage and yoga instructor liability insurance.
- Three years experience in providing trauma sensitive yoga to children and/or adolescents
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate in the subject line that you are applying for the Child/Family Trauma Sensitive Yoga position.
Please visit www.thefirecrackerfoundation.org for more information. DHS Clearance, state and federal background checks and iCHAT check required.
Scholarships for trauma sensitive yoga training are available to instructors interested in joining our team. Click here to complete the scholarship application.
The foundation considers itself an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO). The Foundation shall employ/engage persons and make employment/recruitment decisions without regard to an individual’s race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, AIDS/HIV, height, weight, misdemeanor arrest record, individuals with disabilities, or disabled/recently separated/other protected and armed forces service medal veterans.