(Mental Health Therapist)
Total Hours: 35 Hours/Week
Position Timeline: Full academic school year providing home visits and services at The Firecracker Foundation during summer, spring, and holiday break. This position is funded through a renewable grant source.
Wage: $44,000 Annually
The Firecracker Foundation provides children and teens who have survived sexual trauma with holistic therapeutic services that include trauma-sensitive yoga, individual mental health therapy and caretaker support groups for their parents/guardians. The Firecracker Foundation also provides medical advocacy services to children and families during specialized medical care and forensic examination after experiencing sexual assault. The Firecracker Foundation is always looking for well-trained professionals to build a wide network of service providers for the children and families we serve.
This position will work in various capacities at multiple locations as part of a joint effort with the Office of School Culture within the Lansing School District (attached is a description of the program). Twenty (20) hours per week will consist of working in a school setting providing clinical services to support the social-emotional and behavioral development of students in the program. The remaining fifteen (15) hours will consist of work at The Firecracker Foundation handling a variety of programming tasks.
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling, or a related field
- Current licensure appropriate to level of therapeutic practice
- Minimum of 5 years of youth or family counseling in a school setting or high needs public mental health agency
- Training and experience implementing evidence based trauma treatment
- Demonstrated ability in the following areas:
- Mental health interventions, emotional health of students and families, implementing behavior models, delivering life skills interventions, completing mental health clinical assessments
- Collaboration with school staff, administrators, and community agencies, create classroom management approaches, create culture and climate assessments
- Development of parenting strategies, parental/family outreach
- Bilingual/multi-lingual in targeted languages
- A minimum of 5 years of serving survivors of sexual abuse
- Program management
- Provide clinical sessions to students and families in the Encircle Program during each cohort and the clients of The Firecracker Foundation
- Engage in home visits to provide school family support during school breaks and as needed during program schedule
- Assist school staff in creating and supporting the social-emotional curriculum
- Provide assessments, create treatment plans, submit appropriate reports and educate parents
- Connect students and families with community mental health organizations
- Provide orientation and support to students, school personnel, and families as they transition within and between the programs
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate in the subject line that you are applying for the Mental Health Therapist position. DHS Clearance and background check required.
The Firecracker Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To view a pdf version of this posting, click here: Job Posting – FireCracker Foundation Mental HealthTherapist7.17.18.docx