Due to incredible growth in the 2.5 years since the foundation’s launch, there’s a need for additional office support for the important programs and services offered to child survivors of sexual trauma and their families living in the tricounty community. If you are a person passionate about organization and systems with at least 5 hours of week that you can donate, please consider applying for this position!
PART TIME – VOLUNTEER ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
The Firecracker Foundation
The Firecracker Foundation is a 501(c)3 charity with the mission of honoring the bravery of children who have survived sexual trauma with a community invested in the healing of their whole being.
Description of Responsibilities:
The Volunteer Administrative Assistant (Admin) provides administrative support to the organization. The Admin works directly with the Bookkeeper/Office Manager (BOM) and Executive Director (ED) in order to support the organization’s administrative needs.
Time Commitment: This job description is a part time volunteer position for The Firecracker Foundation. Estimated time commitment 10 hours/week. Position may be shared among 2 volunteers.
The Administrative Assistant should have professional experience in the following areas:
- Excellent communication skills in-person and on the phone
- Excellent organizational and filing skills
- Ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects
- Proficiency in Word and Excel: proficient in developing and maintaining databases; ability to create and manipulate spreadsheets; perform mail merges
- Excellent writing skills
- Provides general support to the Bookkeeper/Office Manager
- Answers all office phone calls and directs calls appropriately
- Maintains general office files and files necessary paperwork accordingly
- Follows up on all agency emails from website
- Sorts mail and distributes appropriately
- Updates the foundation’s donor database as directed
- Prepares thank you letters for ED and/or Board signatures; ensures proper filing and mailing of all thank you letters
- Attends all fundraising events as needed
PR & Marketing
- Ensures that all marketing materials are in stock and ensures proper presentation of materials for distribution
- Monitors website for updating and accuracy – directing additions/changes to the webmaster
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Indicate in the subject line that you are applying for the Part Time Volunteer Admin Assistant position. Please click here to learn more about The Firecracker Foundation. DHS Clearance, background checks and participation in Darkness to Light: Stewards of Children training required.
The foundation considers itself an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO). The Foundation shall employ/engage persons and make employment/recruitment decisions without regard to an individual’s race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, AIDS/HIV, height, weight, misdemeanor arrest record, individuals with disabilities, or disabled/recently separated/other protected and armed forces service medal veterans.